Greenlee County, Arizona Genealogy Guide
|Other AZ Resources|
| AZ Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
AZ Ancestor Records
AZ Military Databases
AZ Data Collections
AZ Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Greenlee County, Arizona (Map It) was created on March 10, 1909 from part of Graham County. Greenlee county was named Mason Greenlee, a pioneer prospector in the area who died in 1903. Learn More About State of Arizona History
Greenlee County is bordered by Cochise County (south), Graham County (west), Apache County (north), Catron County, New Mexico (east), Grant County, New Mexico (east), Hidalgo County, New Mexico (southeast).
Greenlee County Cities and Towns include Clifton, Duncan. Unincorporated Communities located in the county include Blue, Three Way, York, Sheldon, Loma Linda, Verde Lee.
A Map of Greenlee County, Arizona contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Greenlee County, Arizona Courthouse Records
Greenlee County, AZ Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Greenlee county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Greenlee County Clerk of Superior Court has Marriage and Divorce Records from 1911, has Probate Records from 1911 and has Court Records from 1911. The Clerk's office is responsible for all Superior Court action in Adoptions, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Tax matters.
- Greenlee County Recorder has Land Records from 1881. The County Recorder's Office creates public records, maintain said records to archival standards, and provide convenient access to these records for public viewing.
- Greenlee County Treasurer collects all real and personal property taxes for the state, county and incorporated cities and towns, school districts, and then distributes them to the various jurisdictions.
Greenlee County, Arizona Census Records
- Learn More: State of Arizona Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: Voter Registrations, 1866-1955
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Greenlee County, Arizona Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Arizona Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1909 to present,
- Marriage and Divorce Records: None. See the County Clerk of the Superior Court.
- Locations: Arizona Office of Vital Statistics, 1818 West Adams, PO Box 3887, Phoenix, AZ 85030-3887; (602) 364-1300, Fax: (602) 249-3040
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate and Death Certificate Applications.
Greenlee County, Arizona Resources
- State of Arizona Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Arizona
- Greenlee County Historical Society Museum
- Clifton/Greenlee County Public Library
- Greenlee County, Arizona Message Boards
- Greenlee County, Arizona Genealogy Forum
- Greenlee County, Arizona Mailing lists