Elmore County, Alabama Genealogy Guide
|Other AL Resources|
| AL Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
AL Ancestor Records
AL Military Databases
AL Data Collections
AL Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Elmore County, Alabama (Map It) was created on February 15 1866 from parts of Montgomery County, Coosa County, Autauga County. Also part of Tallapoosa County in 1867. Elmore county was named in honor of General John Archer Elmore, a veteran of the American Revolution and early settler of Alabama. Learn More About State of Alabama History
Elmore County Cities and Towns include Blue Ridge, Coosada, Deatsville, Eclectic, Elmore, Equality, Millbrook, Prattville, Tallassee, Wetumpka.
A Map of Elmore County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Elmore County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Elmore County, AL Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Elmore county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Elmore County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1867 and has Divorce Records maintained among the equity records. Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Alabama Department of Public Health. The County Clerk of Circuit Court serves as custodian of all county court records, and is responsible for providing access to those court records by court personnel, the legal community and the public.
- Elmore County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1867, Probate Records from 1867 and Land Records from 1867. The County Clerk of Probate Court maintains following records in the probate office: Plats, Maps, Judgments, Liens, Deeds, Mortgages, Corporations, Lis pendens, Marriage licenses, Military discharges. The Probate Judge presides over all probate court hearings for Probate of Wills, Administrations, Conservators, Guardianships, Adoptions, Legitimations, Name changes, Condemnations, Mental Commitment hearings, and performs marriage ceremonies. The office of the probate judge is the county office where the most significant genealogical records are created and maintained in Alabama. A variety of records are housed in this office.
- Elmore Revenue Commissioner's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Elmore County Health Department has Birth Records from 1884 , Death records from 1927 .
Elmore County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1820-1866, 1867
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Elmore County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Elmore County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Elmore County Historical Society, 1384 Jug Factory Road, Wetumpka AL 36092
- Elmore County Historical Society and Museum, Box 912, Wetumpka, AL 36092, Quarterly Newsletter
- West Elmore County Historical Society, 2881 Gibson St., Millbrook, AL 36054
- Wetumpka Public Library, Phone 334-567-1308
- Elmore County, Alabama Message Boards
- Elmore County, Alabama Genealogy Forum
- Elmore County, Alabama Mailing lists