Ferry County, Washington Records
Ferry County, Washington (Map It) was created on February 21, 1899 from Stevens County. The county was named in honor of Elisha P. Ferry (1825–1895), 1st Governor of Washington State. The region where the county is located was first visited by Canadian trappers in the early nineteenth century. In 1872 the Colville Indian Reservation was established encompassing over one-half of the county. The gold rush of the 1890s brought permanent settlers to the region. Today lumber, mining and agriculture are the county’s major economic activities. .
Ferry County Cities and Towns include Inchelium, Republic. A Map of Ferry County, Washington contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Ferry County, Washington Courthouse Records
Ferry County, WA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. Although originally held in the county seat, many county land, probate, and court records have been transferred to the state archive's regional branches.
The Ferry County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, court records, and so forth.
- Ferry County Auditor has Birth and Death Records from 1899 to 1907, Marriage Records from 1900 and Land Records from 1898 . The County Auditor has many responsibilities which include the recording of real property documents such as deeds and other recorded documents, issuing various licenses such as marriage liscense.
- Ferry County Clerk has Court Records from 1899 and Probate Records from 1899. The County Clerk is the administrator of the Superior Court Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is responsible for keeping the permanent records of all cases filed in Superior Court. The type of cases filed are felony criminal cases, civil lawsuits, petitions for protection from domestic violence, family law matters (dissolutions 3rd Party Custody, parenting plans, modifications) probates, guardianships, Last Will & Testaments, paternities, adoptions and mental commitments. For judicial purposes, many of the Washington counties were attached to other counties.
- Ferry County Treasurer is the property tax collector for the County. Property Taxes are levied on the property by the various taxing authorities based on the valuation and current property usage as set by the Assessor's Office.
- The Northeast Tri County Health District can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait.
Ferry County, Washington Census Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
Ferry County, Washington Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1907 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1, 1968 to present
- Locations: Washington Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth / Death Certificate or the Marriage / Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Center for Health Statistics, Department of Health, 101 Israel Road SE, Tumwater, WA 98501
Ferry County, Washington Resources
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives
- Colville Keller Tribal Resources Center, Keller, WA 99140. Phone 509-634-2802.
- Inchelium Tribal Resource Center, PO Box 156, Inchelium, WA 99138. Phone 509-722-7037. Fax 509-722-7040.
- Ferry County Museum, Republic Historical Center, Republic, WA 99166.
- Stonerose Fossil Museum, Republic Historical Center, Republic, WA 99166.
- Ferry County, Washington Message Boards
- Ferry County, Washington Genealogy Forum
- Washington State Digital Archives
Ferry County, Washington External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Washington (1890 - 1984)
- Ferry County, Washington Books - Amazon
- Ferry Co., Washington - FindaGrave
- Ferry County, Washington Links - Cyndi's List
- Ferry Co. WAGenweb
- Ferry County, Washington Ancestry Database Collections
- Ferry County, Washington Military Records
- Washington, Postmaster Indexes, Prior to 1965
- Washington gazetteer and business directory : 1901-1902.