Falls County, Texas Genealogy Guide
|Other TX Resources|
|TX Birth Records
TX Marriage Records
TX Divorce Records
TX Death Records
TX Ancestor Records
TX Military Databases
TX Data Collections
TX Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Falls County Cities and Towns include Bruceville-Eddy , Golinda , Lott, Marlin, Rosebud.. A Map of Falls County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Falls County, Texas Courthouse Records
Falls County, TX Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Falls county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Falls County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1854, Land Records from 1850, Probate Records from 1851 and Court Records from 1851. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Falls County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Falls County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: Republic of Texas Poll Lists for 1846
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Falls County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Falls County, Texas Resources
Falls County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Falls County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Falls Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- A Memorial and biographical history of McLennan, Falls, Bell and Coryell Counties, Texas : containing a history of this importa
- Western Falls County, Texas
- Falls Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography