Maryland Genealogical publications (magazines, newsletters, periodicals, books, etc.) include all types of helpful information and facts pertaining to specific ancestors, entire lineages and families, places in time, and about every type of genealogical records and repositories. They enable you to discover a wealth of information about your ancestors from many historical newspapers, magazines, and other periodicals. These different kinds of sources can often bolster public records and provide facts that is not documented anywhere else. Here, you can study even more regarding your ancestor’s potential every day activities by placing them in the circumstance of their time.
Newspapers – Maryland newspapers can provide all kinds of hints about historical events, local history, court and legal notices, obituaries, and much more. Newspapers in Maryland Libraries is a publication detailing Maryland newspapers. Many newspapers can also be found at the Maryland State Archives, which also holds abstracts and guides to those newspapers. Many local newspapers, particularly for Baltimore, have also been abstracted and published.
The first newspaper to be published in Maryland was the Maryland Gazette. It included articles relating to Maryland, but also to Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. News, especially death and marriage records, from various Maryland newspapers has also been published for the following counties: Allegany, Caroline, Carroll, Cecil, Frederick, Harford, Montgomery, Washington
- Maryland Historical Newspapers
- Maryland Newspapers Directory Listings
- Historical Newspapers from Maryland (1719 – 1931) – Immediately uncover names and keywords / phrases in over 450 million content articles, obituaries, marriage announcements, birth announcements and also other items published in over 2,800 historic U.S. newspapers. Completely new content and articles added on a monthly basis!
- Maryland and South Carolina Lutheran Newspapers, Marriages and Deaths
- Marriages and Deaths from the Maryland Gazette, 1727-1839
- Index to Marriages and Deaths in the Baltimore Sun 1851-1860
- Maryland Newspaper List (usnpl.com)
- Newspapers of Maryland: A Guide to the Microfilm Collection of Newspapers in the Maryland State Archives (Annapolis, Md.: Maryland State Archives, 1990).
- Marriages and Deaths from Baltimore Newspapers, 1796–1816 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1973, 1978)
- Marriages and Deaths from the Maryland Gazette, 1727–1839 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1973, 1978)
- Gleanings From Maryland Newspapers, 1727–95, 4 vols. (Lutherville, Md.: Bettie Carothers, 1975–76)
- Index to Marriages and Deaths in The (Baltimore) Sun, 1837–1850 and 1851–1860 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978)
- Western Maryland Newspaper Abstracts 1786 … 1810, 3 vols.
- Maryland Eastern Shore Newspaper Abstracts … (1790–1834), 8 vols. (Silver Spring: Family Line Publications, 1981–87)
- The Maryland Gazette, 1727–1761: Genealogical and Historical Abstracts (Galveston, Texas: Frontier Press, 1990)