I can conduct the following research or obtain records (where legally obtainable or publicly available) in relation to:
* Vital statistics (this is the state/territory department of Births, Deaths and Marriages aka BDM or BMD). I can search ALL Australian state and territory registers online. I can’t obtain vital statistics records for a person who is still living, or who died before 1988 in most states and territories. Only a family member or next of kin can obtain death records for a person who died after 1988.
* NSW State Library (Sydney only)
* NSW Sydney and suburbs public libraries
* NSW State Archives (Sydney only)
* Other Australian state/territory archives – online searches or requests only
* Australian National Archives (Canberra) – online searches or requests only
* NSW – Court Documents (restricted to Sydney and suburbs if I have to attend in person)
* NSW – Sydney and suburbs cemetery records or photographs of gravestones
* NSW – Sydney and suburbs local history repositories or family history organisations
* TROVE – online searches of the national newspaper archive
* Use my personal subscriptions to locate information if the requester has hit a roadblock or does not have access to Australian records
* Any national or state and territory record holders with online search and retrieval services
* Purchase of books, maps, photographs or other memorabilia as long as I can obtain the artefact in Sydney or online
* Obtain or request information from government agencies under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act or similar legislation. Note: some government agencies may only release information to family members or next of kin
* Obtain the contact details and requirements of an Australian record holder to enable a family member or next of kin to obtain the information themselves
I may request reimbursement of the cost of obtaining certificates or other records charged to me by the record holder.
If each record charge by the record holder will be more than AUD$50.00, I will contact the requester to obtain consent to continue unless the requester gives consent upfront and agrees to pay all record costs whatsoever.
If I am required to drive more than 30 minutes in each direction, I may request reimbursement of petrol (gas).
I may request reimbursement of road/bridge/tunnel tolls even if I don’t charge for petrol (gas). Most motorways and freeways in Sydney charge tolls which can, overall, be upwards of AUD$20.00 depending on distance travelled.
I may request reimbursement of public transport costs e.g. bus, train, light rail; or taxis (cabs) and Sydney Harbour ferries.
I may request reimbursement of entry fees to museums or galleries etc., where I am requested to obtain information about an artefact. Note: photographing artefacts in some museums and galleries is prohibited.
I may request reimbursement of the cost of purchasing books, maps, photographs or other memorabilia that is/are only available in Australia where I am requested to make a purchase by the requester.
I may request reimbursement of parking fees (parking is expensive in Sydney).
I may request reimbursement of photocopying/scanning charges as some record holders charge fees for this service.
I may request reimbursement of postage, courier or delivery fees charged to me by the record holder or incurred by me to send information and purchases to the requester that cannot be emailed.
If I need to telephone a record holder or make any other phone enquiries, I will not charge for local calls (Sydney and suburbs) made from a landline, but I may request reimbursement of any calls made from my mobile (cell) phone or intrastate and interstate (long-distance or STD) calls made from a landline.
Send Message to listing owner