Click to View Sample from US 1890 Census of Washington D.C.
The states originally covered in the 1890 Census are Alabama, District of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Dakota, and Texas.
The surviving records of the census include:
- Alabama: Perry County
- District of Columbia: Q, S, 13th, 14th, RQ, Corcoran, 15th, SE, and Roggs streets, and Johnson Avenue
- Georgia: (Columbus) Muscogee County
- Illinois: Mound Township in McDonough County
- Minnesota: Rockford in Wright County
- New Jersey: Jersey City and Hudson County
- New York: Suffolk County: Brookhaven Township; Westchester County: Eastchester
- North Carolina: Cleveland County: Township No. 2; Gaston County: South Point Township, Ricer Bend Township
- Ohio: Clinton County: Wayne Township; Hamilton County (Cincinnati)
- South Dakota: Jefferson Township and Union County:
- Texas: Rusk County: Precinct no. 6 and J.P. no. 7; Ellis County: S.P. no. 6, Mountain Peak, Ovila Precinct; Trinity County: Trinity Town and Precinct no. 2; Hood County: Precinct no. 5; Kaufman County: Kaufman.